Our building is now open for worship.
Sunday 8am, Holy Communion in St Peter's Church building
Sunday 10am, Holy Communion in St Peter's Church building, also streamed to St Peter's YouTube
Sunday 13th June, 11.30am, Coffee & Chat on Zoom (via link sent to Church members)
Wednesday 16th June, 8pm, Night Prayer on YouTube
Thursday 17th June, 9.15am, Prayer on Zoom (via link sent to Church members)
Thursday 17th June, 10am, Phone Church (technical details to participate sent to Church members)
To ensure we keep within out COVID-safe capacity, you will need to book your place at in-person worship, both indoor and outdoor. Bookings are taken from Wednesday for the following Sunday, and can be made:
by phone — call 01623 640250 on Wednesdays and Fridays* 9.30am–1pm (*except Good Friday)
by email — email@example.com
Please book by the end of Friday as phone and email are not monitored on Saturdays.
Thank you for your understanding.
To minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19:
• Hand sanitiser will be available on entry & exit.
You are advised to sanitise hands before receiving communion.
• Social distancing: some pews have been closed to enable you to sit 2m apart from those outside your
househole/support bubble. Signs and markings are displayed to encourage SD.
• Stewards: will help direct you to available seats and enable you to leave the building in a safely
• Cleaning: of seats, door handles, pew ends, lecterns and other touch points will happen between
services, if the building cannot be left 48 hours after use.
• Test and Trace: a record of attendees at each service will be kept for 21 days to assist with
• Face coverings: must be worn by law, unless you are exempt.
• Singing: unfortunately, congregational singing indoors is not advised at the moment.
However, John our organist plays before, during and after our 10am service, and may
be accompanied by a small choir.
• Holy Communion: at this time, communion will be received in one kind (i.e. the bread only).
To maintain distancing, communion will be brought to you in your seat.
• The Peace: is shared without physical contact at the moment.
• Service books: will be available, but will be 'quarantined' for at least 48 hours after use/before re-use.
• Refreshments: at this time, unfortunately we cannot share refreshments after the service
• Other things may be done slightly differently: to maintain social distancing and hygiene.
What if I have symptoms of COVID-19?
In the nicest possible way... please do not come to church!
If you have symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough, loss/change of taste and/or smell), follow Government guidance to get tested and self-isolate with your househole until you get the result (and afterwards if the result is positive).
If you are ill, please concentrate on getting well, staying home and protecting others, and join in worship online.